Tuesday 26 March 2013

70s and 80s.

Starting to consider design direction for my architecture brief and after researching the minimalist movement for architecture I found this 'style' became most popular in the 70s and 80s. I would like to use this as an influence for my designs. I have found various designers from that era which create lovely minimal designs through simple forms and typography.

Burton Kramer.
 
Burton Kramer (1932- ) is a graphic designer who trained in the United States, pursued an influential career in Zurich, and then moved to Toronto, where he revitalized the design community with bold interpretations of the Swiss and International styles of typography and image.




















Bridging the Gap.

An ongoing personal project, poster designs for Bridging the Gap.
Simplicity, with two core elements; consistent layout and substantial graphic.
 
Although these designs aren't from the 70s/80s you can see they have taken inspiration heavily from those era's with the use of solid geometric forms and considered typography, and the designs have turned out great with strong consistency. I don't want to create designs with so much similarity to the past era's but I will use them as influence.






 
















Morten Iveland as The Infamous Press

Again not design from the era but created in the same style, some really nice pieces of design. The thing I like the most is the consistency within each piece, as I'll need to create publications for a series that have subtle differences this approach could help.






No comments:

Post a Comment